Crews Respond to Large Center City Main Break
At approximately 4 a.m., the Philadelphia Water Department was alerted to a water main break at Sansom and Juniper streets. The break occurred on a 48-inch transmission main, which supplies water to a large section of South Philadelphia and Center City.
A PWD info tent will be located at 13th and Sansom streets on Thursday, July 5, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
PWD claims representatives and Public Affairs staff will be available.
- Cleanup to restore impacted streets and get businesses back into business
- Cave-in location made safe
- Assess impact to other utilities and sewer
- Repair damaged infrastructure
- Restore street
- Too early to provide a time estimate for this work