On Saturday, September 9, the Philadelphia Water Department will take part in two free events, one on the Schuylkill and the other on the Delaware River at Penn’s Landing. On September 30, we are opening up our Belmont Drinking Water Treatment Plant for tours and a career fair.
Philly Fun Fishing Fest
Enjoy a morning of free catch-and-release fishing and friendly competition on Schuylkill Banks!
The Fishing Fest is perfect for anglers of all ages and levels of experience and is ADA-accessible. No fishing license is required during the fishing competition and fishing gear will be available for loan on a first-come, first-served basis. The fishing will take place from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., with a prize ceremony following.
There is no fee, but you need to register here.
Delaware River Festival
With the 2023 Delaware River Festival, Penn’s Landing and Wiggins Park will come alive with activities you won’t want to miss, all in celebration of the beautiful, wild Delaware River.
We’ll have activities from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for all ages. Goof around with some games. Get colorful with face painting. Ride in a swan boat. Learn lots of fun facts from our many environmental exhibitors and get in touch with your inner art critic by helping to choose the winners of Partnership for the Delaware Estuary’s (PDE) Trash Free Waters art contest. The best part of all, these activities are free! Learn more.
Belmont Open House and Career Fair
On Saturday, September 30 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., the Philadelphia Water Department (PWD) is hosting an Open House at the Belmont Water Treatment Plant, located at 4300 W Ford Rd, Philadelphia, PA 19131.
- Take a 30-minute tour of the plant, which treats drinking water for tens of thousands of Philadelphians.
- Learn about PWD career opportunities, including:
- Graduate civil and environmental engineers
- Machinery and equipment mechanics
- HVAC mechanics
- Laborers, helpers, and more
- Bring resumes and apply to PWD jobs on-site!
- See demonstrations from employees across our department, including sewer maintenance, inlet cleaning, leak detection, metering, and more!
- Get informed on the Water Revitalization Plan, Philadelphia’s 25-year plan to strengthen and upgrade essential drinking water infrastructure.
- Check out the Philly Water Bar, which will serve fresh Philly tap water and share information about the drinking water quality in Philadelphia.
To attend, please register here!