Employment opportunities with the Philadelphia Water Department
Join us for a virtual recruitment event for current and graduating engineers on October 18th or 26th! Learn more and RSVP →
Get information about employment opportunities at PWD
Full-time opportunities with PWD are part of the City of Philadelphia’s Civil Service. Applications must be submitted through the City’s central Office of Human Resources.
We’re invested in both your career, and in helping you maintain a happy, healthy life. We offer:
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- Prescription drug plan
- Defined pension plan
- 12 paid holidays per year
- 10 paid vacation days per year
- 15 paid sick days per year
- 5 paid administrative leave days
- Sick & vacation carryover
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- 15 days of military leave
- Employee wellness and assistance programs
- Voluntary deferred compensation plan
- Flexible health care spending account
- Pre-tax commuter discount benefit
- Tuition reimbursement
Interested graduates of pre-apprenticeship programs and career or technical education high school programs can gain valuable skills and work experience through apprenticeships in skilled trades.
PWD hires students currently enrolled in an accredited high school, trade school, college, or other accredited institution, for short-term positions in engineering, science, data management, administration, and trades.