Philadelphia residents have 24/7 access to top-quality water, a fact that they check themselves thanks to annual reports the Philadelphia Water Department releases detailing a year's worth of data.
This transparency is a defining quality for public water providers like PWD, and we take pride in the tremendous effort that goes into the constant monitoring done at our labs.
During our most recent fiscal year, we delivered nearly 82 billion gallons of water to local homes, businesses, schools and other organizations. On average, our customers used 223 million gallons of clean water every single day.
Making sure that water is great water that beats Safe Drinking Water Act standards is what drives us, and we're proud to provide this year's report--the result of more than 10,000 monthly lab tests conducted by our scientists during 2016.
Read it now in English or Spanish or check out the audio version.
In addition to the water quality data, you will find info about:
- New programs and efforts to remove lead service lines from customer properties and educate people about getting safe water when your home does have lead pipes
- How we get water from the Delaware and Schuylkill Rivers and what we do to protect our source water and watersheds
- Why we help residents build landscaped rain gardens in their yards with matching funds of up to $2,000
- How we monitor the water, what we look for and how our scientists deal with issues as they emerge
- New educational programs offered through the Fairmount Water Works
- What you can do to care for our source water at home
- Who to call if you suspect illegal dumping in waterways or storm drain inlets
- Local watershed groups looking for volunteers
Give it a read now and let others know where to find this valuable information.
To receive a printed copy of this report in the mail, contact our Public Affairs staff at firstname.lastname@example.org