Major Ongoing Work
The following projects involve long-term construction and may create traffic disruptions and other impacts to communities. Not all PWD projects are represented.
East Park Reservoir
Philadelphia Water Department (PWD) will be embarking on a multi-year project at this site which will include the construction of new water tanks, general facility upgrades and additional site improvements. The East Park Reservoir is an important drinking water storage facility for the City of Philadelphia. The facility provides water storage for approximately 50 percent of the Philadelphia Water Department’s customers and provides reliable water service during emergency conditions.
Key Project Facts
- 60 million gallons of drinking water storage
- Continued reliable water service to customers
- Relocated access road for improved traffic safety
- Partnership with Philadelphia Parks and Recreation
- Partnership with Audubon Society and Outward Bound Philadelphia
- Project Schedule: Construction- Anticipated 2014-2016
Outreach to Affected Customers
Minority, Woman and Disabled Owner Business Participation
It is important to us that contracts place a focus on increasing opportunities for minority, women, and disabled-owned businesses enterprises (M/W/DSBEs). See the links below for information related to M/W/DSBE participation on this project.